Friday, July 24, 2009

Unnoticed

This morning, as I was scurrying around trying to get ready to head out for the day, I observed something in my kitchen window.

I was watching my hummingbirds at the feeders outside the window when all of a sudden a moth came flying up behind me and went straight to the window. I watched it for a moment as it was such a pretty yellow and white color and since I VERY EASILY get fascinated with bugs, animals or critters of any kind, I was immensed in watching this moth.

I was just about to catch it and take it outside and let it go when it decided to change its' position.

As it started to fly down into the corner of the window, UNNOTICED by me AND the moth, were two hidden spiders, just waiting.

As soon as that moth made its' presence known to the spiders, BOTH of them, simultaneously, leaped out of their UNNOTICED places and jumped at the moth. As quickly as they jumped out and missed the moth, they disappeared back into their hiding places.

It gave me "the willies" or "the creeps" or the "heebee jeebees," or whatever words you might find appropriate here.

They were so slick. So quick and they had been lurking UNNOTICED by me and everyone else who had stood at the kitchen window.

Man, isn't that just like satan? He hides UNNOTICED by his unsuspecting prey....US. We don't see it coming, we aren't prepared for his attack and when he sees the opportunity, he leaps at us with all he has.

"Be sober, be vigilant, because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour." 1 Peter 5:8

We best heed the warning we have been given. Satan is watching and waiting, moving about UNNOTICED until he can make his attack.

Let's not be found unprepared, like the moth. The spider will give up. Satan won't.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness Mrs. Barb! I got the "heebee jeebees" while reading this because it made me think about cleaning out the barn with Tonda Mama and Eddie on Friday. I was freaking out about all of these little spiders and the webs, when I glanced up to a tree and saw a yellow and black striped spider as big as my hand, if not bigger! I quit helping them out that very moment. UGH! I get the "willies" just thinking about that creature that is still alive out there! UGH!!!

You're right though, about how that compares to the way that Satan is. Always lurking unnoticed, but as long as we keep God close to us, we can spot the stalkers in time before they attack, just like I spotted that vicious spider!

Love ya girl!