Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Could You Turn Up the Volume?

Sometimes...well...often times I find myself wishing that when God spoke there was a volume control somewhere so that He could turn up His voice to make sure it's HIM I'm hearing and not me, or someone else for that matter.

COULD YOU TURN UP THE VOLUME Lord? I'm not sure many times if I'm hearing you correctly. Sometimes Lord, I panic. I get scared that maybe I wasn't listening close enough or that maybe I missed one or two of the words you said that were the one or two words that were THE most important of the whole message!

COULD YOU TURN UP THE VOLUME Lord? Hmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Maybe it's not the volume that He needs to turn up.

Maybe it's me....maybe I'm not listening close enough to hear you.

Is it me Lord?

Never mind Lord....it's me, I know it. It's never You Lord, You're perfect. Father, I'm going to listen better. I need to hear your voice Lord, I'm listening.

1 comment:

AngelRhoden said...

Trying to listen better here too! That's so true...sometimes I'm not sure about what He's nudging me to do or what He's saying to me too because maybe I'm just not listening closely enough. I'm praying that I get better tuned in to Him also so I listen and act for Him...redeeming the time because it is so short.