Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Foggy Faith

Have you ever driven in fog? Most everyone has. It can be a frightening situation, until it goes away. Fog always diminishes at some point and is no longer seen. While you're in it though, it's powerful and most certainly gets AND takes your attention. It's encompasing, engulfing and constant.

FOG got me thinking about my FAITH.

Does my FAITH appear to others as that of a FOG? Does it sometimes appear powerful, encompasing, engulfing and constant?

And yet other times, does it appear to diminish with the heat of the sun? Do others see a FAITH in me that remains regardless of the circumstances that life brings my way?

I don't want to appear to have FOGGY FAITH when God and the world look at me. I want my FAITH to be as dependable as the sunrise every morning and the sunset every night.

Hosea 6:4b says, "For your faithfulness is like a morning cloud and like the early dew it goes away."

"Oh God, let not my FAITH melt away like the morning clouds of dew. Let my FAITH remain so thick that nothing can melt it away."

1 comment:

AngelRhoden said...

Barb, I always look forward to reading what you have next. This one leaves me unsure about what exactly others see in me...well, maybe more like fearful of what they might see. This is one I need to work on. Thanks.