Thursday, July 16, 2009

Ransomed

I love this word.

Webster's Dictionary defines the word RANSOM in this way:

Payment for the release of someone...The act of being freed from captivity or punishment

I have been RANSOMED by a God who bought me with a price. I was paid for by His blood on the cross. I shall never understand it or grasp why He did it for such a wretch as I.

I have been RANSOMED from the punishment that I deserved. A punishment so horrible that to even think of it, frightens me beyond words. I have been freed!!

He held the keys that unlocked the chains that kept me bound and held me prisoner to my sins. THESE are words to get excited about IF you know Christ!!!

RANSOMED! HALLELUJAH TO THE KING OF KINGS....I'M FREE! I've been RANSOMED and I am free, yes free indeed!

1 comment:

AngelRhoden said...

I've known the ultimate freedom for a while, Barb, but have been discovering more of the freedom He offers while we're still here on this earth for the last couple of years. You know I've been into my own definitions lately, so here's mine for freedom:
Freedom is to go to sleep and not be bothered by plaguing thoughts.
It's to be around people and feel like it's okay to take up space because you're supposed to be there.
Freedom is to be free from worries because all I have to do is cling to Him and He does everything else!
Thanks, Barb. I love you bunches.