Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Fuller

In our youth service tonight, God decided it was time to change some things up, intervene and move amongst us.

Before we ever were supposed to split up into our small groups, God moved on Dale's heart after singing "In Christ Alone."

"In Christ Alone, My hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This Cornerstone, this solid ground
Firm through fiercest drought and storm
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My Comforter, my all in all
Here in the love of Christ I stand."


I, too, was ovecome with joy, victory, love and gratefulness to a Savior in whom my ONLY HOPE is found! Needless to say, we never split into small groups and Dale poured his heart out to us as God moved through him.

We were challenged to cast our sin aside, once and for all......ONCE AND FOR ALL! We were challenged to live life on a higher plane, stop the selfishness, stop the hunger for worldly "things", love of self, love of popularity, love of everything OTHER than JESUS CHRIST!

We were challenged to fall IN LOVE with Jesus and let HIM be our FIRST and LAST LOVE!

Then, Garrett spontaneously got up and poured his testimony out to us. All I could do was cry and say "thank you Lord" over and over again as he bared his heart to us in confession and then praise to a Savior who forgives and loves us so much. Talk about powerful!

As we began to close, Dale challenged us to fall on our faces before God and bring our sins to Him. In complete silence, no music, no low lights......just us on our faces before a holy and mighty God. Man, talk about being FULLER....that would be me!

Tonight, I thank you God for our youth. I pray for them Lord that when they make daily choices, they will make them with YOU in mind, and not self.

"Then He said to them all, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me."
Luke 9:23

1 comment:

AngelRhoden said...

So good to hear what's happening over there, Barb. It's more than exciting to sense what He's doing these days, the stirring under the surface that you see little glimpses of. I pray he makes some of the older ones (maybe I should just come right out and say me, that's who I'm referring to!) ready for a revolution!