Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Meet Quackly




When you're 9 and you have a wonderful rich imagination, you can play hours with a Happy Meal tiny stuffed animal and be perfectly happy.

That is what my Karli did today. She spent an hour or so playing with Quackly at her cousins house and then came back to Yaya's house and spent at least another hour or more playing with him, loving on him, covering him up cause he was cold and snuggling him.

ALL that fun for the price of a Happy Meal! That's a pretty good deal if you ask me.

It tickled my heart to see the simple joy Karli found in this little toy. It reminded me of the children in Honduras and how excited they get when you give them one of these little toys. Our children tend to take for granted the "smallness" of the toy and cast it aside. But the children there delight in these tiny treasures.

Tonight, I'm thankful for the smile little QUACKLY put on Karli's face. She made me stop and think about all the little things I am thankful for OR "should" be thankful for. Thanks for all the "tiny treasures" in our lives Lord. There are far too many to name and we are grateful for each and every one of them.

1 comment:

AngelRhoden said...

Yes, thank you, Lord, for all the things we tend to overlook. Barb, you are a blessing that I'm really thankful for.