Monday, July 13, 2009

Simple Pleasures 14







What could be better than a day at the beach!

For the next two weeks, my sister and brother-in-law from California, have rented a wonderful house on the beach down A1A outside of St. Augustine. Today, we took off to spend the day there with my sister and her whole family. My nephew and his family came down from Atlanta and my neice and her family also came from California.

As we stepped out onto the back deck and started down the boardwalk to the beach, I just gasped in awe of the beauty of the ocean ahead of me. Titus was immediately drawn down the beach chasing a flock of birds that he was just sure he could catch! It was an adorable sight.

After lots of fun in the ocean, we went back up to the house and then down to the pool on the street side of the house. All of the second cousins were in the house doing other things when this picture was taken, but Karli, Titus (with his pink goggles!!), Easton and Butch were having a ball. Yaya got pretty tired, so I went back up to the house to rest a bit. After resting a few minutes, I stepped out onto the back deck and took the shot of all of them in the pool from up above.

Second cousins Miles and Will met each other and sat staring at each other just until I took this shot. They are only about 2 weeks apart in age, both born in January. Aren't they just darling?

Butch and Karli had so much fun that they stayed behind to spend a few more days with everyone, while Summer, myself and the boys came back home.

I do not know why, for the life of me, God gave me the indescribably precious gifts of my children and grandchildren, sisters, neices, nephews and even great-neices and nephews. There are so many people who have no one and yet, I have so many who love me, care for me and bring such great joy into my life.

God has been so good to me. Once again, I thank you Lord.

1 comment:

AngelRhoden said...

Simple pleasures can't be beat! Love the pics.