Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Momma's Voice

Last night, Summer and the boys came over for dinner. After we ate, I was holding little almost 6 month old baby Will and he began to get a little fussy. Yaya was trying to console him and it did seem to help a bit. BUT, when he heard his MOMMA'S VOICE, his cry became much more intense and urgent.

He knew, without a shadow of a doubt, that the voice he had heard, was his momma's and ALL he wanted, was her. He wanted to make sure I knew that it was her he wanted and only her.

It got me to thinking about my own mother's voice. As an adult, nearly every Saturday morning for many years, my mother would call me. How I loved to hear my MOMMA'S VOICE. She always started the conversation in the same way...

"HI HONEY! How are you?" How I LOVED to hear her call me HONEY. It warmed my heart like no one else's voice and everything always seemed to be alright when I could hear her voice.

I miss that voice, no different than little baby Will would miss his MOMMA'S VOICE if he couldn't hear it either.

There's only one voice that will ever be any sweeter to hear than my MOMMA'S VOICE.

The sound of Jesus voice is the one I long to hear the most. As much as I long to hear my MOMMA'S VOICE, it is HIS voice, calling my name as He takes me home, that I wait for.

A MOMMA'S VOICE is so sweet...

But sweeter still will be the moment I finally hear the voice of my Lord and Savior.

No comments: