Thursday, July 23, 2009

Overwhelmed

When I allow my mind to totally and completely focus on the love Jesus has for me, I am OVERWHELMED. My heart begins to race and sometimes, I even tremble as I consider His great love.

Often in the mornings when I sit outside with my bible, I am so OVERWHELMED by feelings of incredible love that He is pouring out on me. I can almost feel it cover me as I sit. In those moments when His presence is so near and His love so strong, it's just as though He draws my physical body unto Himself and holds me.

How can He love me so? How can He even desire to embrace me when I am so sinful? My flesh cries out to such a merciful God who gave His life for me. His love is like poetry to me. His words whispered in my ear are like the sweetest music ever played. His touch is softer than silk. He gently and lovingly encourages me onward, ever closer to the cross He died on. The closer I get, the louder I hear His music in my ears and the more I fall in love with Him.

He LOVES ME!
He LOVES ME!

I am OVERWHELMED! Like the waves breaking on the shore of the ocean, His love constantly washes over me and continually keeps coming. There is NO end to it.

OVERWHELMED....tonight, that's how I feel. Man....it sure does feel good.

No comments: