Thursday, July 30, 2009

Fast Forward Please

Around here, we love taping movies that we want to watch later so that we don't have to sit through and listen to all the commercials and can just FAST FORWARD through them. It's so nice to be able to FAST FORWARD the parts we don't want to see so we can get to the stuff we "want to see."

As usual, that got me to thinking about life. I'm sure that I can't possibly be the only person who sometimes wishes we could FAST FORWARD the parts of our lives that we don't want to live through or deal with to get on with the parts we want to live through. How many of us have wished on Monday that the work week would hurry up and be over so Friday would get here and the weekend could begin. Our tendency as human beings is to LOVE that which feels good and HATE or at least, strongly dislike, that which doesn't feel good. We're all guilty.

But when I think about life, I've learned that if we could FAST FORWARD through the difficult parts, we'd miss many opportunities for growth, relationships that maybe we wouldn't have had and sweet moments with the Lord that we'd possibly never have had if had we not needed to draw ever closer in to Him because of our pain or fear.

FAST FORWARD PLEASE????

No, I don't think so. I might miss something that I've been waiting a liftetime for and I don't want to miss a thing that God has for me.

"And we know that all things work together for GOOD to those who love the Lord, to those who are called according to His purpose."
Romans 8:28

No comments: