Sunday, April 5, 2009

When the Spirit of God RAINS Down on Us

From the moment I stepped out of our van this morning, I felt it. What did I feel? The presence of the Holy Spirit! From my SS class on into the first service, the Holy Spirit was at work.

As I listened to Dale bring the message I was moved more than ever in my life before about the legacy I will leave behind for my children, grandchildren and all those grandchildren I will never meet on this side of heaven. The Holy Spirit began RAINING down as Dale spoke and I was struck with the immensity of my responsibility as a mother and grandmother. What sort of legacy am I leaving? I think about this daily but today, more than ever before.

The Holy Spirit continued to RAIN down on us in our evening service. As each song was sung, the Spirit of our Living God spoke to our hearts and RAINED His mercy and His great love down on us. I was drenched in His goodness and drawn into His arms as we, the worshippers of Jesus Christ, were RAINED down upon! Oh what a treasure....Oh what sweetness as Summer closed the service out with "My Redeemer Lives." As Holy Spirit RAIN began to fall....I was standing in my Saviors arms, exalting His name, face to face, with the One who died for me. Time and space seemed to stand still as I stood in worship to my King! I was being RAINED upon!

Holy Spirit RAIN down.....RAIN down on us until we are soaked in you. Fill us until we can no longer feel ourselves, but only YOU inside of us.

RAIN down on us....RAIN DOWN Holy Spirit!

No comments: