Monday, April 6, 2009

Selfless Love


What an honor to witness the hand of God today.

I was priviledged to see the heart of God at work when I watched one who had very little, open up their heart and give from the abundance of it, rather than their wallet. You see, their wallet doesn't hold very much but their heart seems to.

A great need of someone else was brought to their attention. After hearing their story, this person showed an amazing example of SELFLESS LOVE as they did what they could to be a blessing to another one whose need was great also.

"I've been there" ......."I've walked the same pain"........"I've felt the same way"......"I cannot do much, but I know what I can do and I will do what I am able"............these were all words that were spoken by the giver today.

SELFLESS LOVE.........love that gives until it hurts and then digs a little deeper still.

I'm so thankful that I was able to witness this act of kindness and SELFLESS LOVE. It was a God moment and I'm so thankful He allowed me to see HIM through this act. Help me God to give from my abundance AND in my poverty.

What act of SELFLESS LOVE can you exhibit today?

"And He sat down opposite the treasury, and began observing how the people were putting money into the treasury; and many rich people were putting in large sums.
A poor widow came and put in two small copper coins, which amount to a cent.
Calling His disciples to Him, He said to them, "Truly I say to you, this poor widow put in more than all the contributors to the treasury; for they all put in out of their surplus, but she, out of her poverty, put in all she owned, all she had to live on." Mark 12:41-45

No comments: