Friday, April 3, 2009

I CAN'T Do It!!!


What??? You might say. Surely it must be something that is difficult and hard to understand. Surely it must be something that would require physical strength, mental abundance or something such as that......right???

WRONG!!!

I CAN'T MASTER GUITAR HERO!!!!

I can't even finish not ONE song on EASY mode!!! Pathetic!

Tonight, we hung out with several of our grandchildren while Butch & Kay were gone. After burgers and dogs on the grill, they pulled out Wii Guitar Hero and began to play. Well....I use the word "play" loosely! You talk about funny! If video had been taken of Darrel and I attempting to play, it would have been worth thousands on America's Funniest Videos! We laughed our tails off at each other and naturally, the kids loved it!

There are many things I can do fairly well at 55 years of age but playing this simple game is NOT one of them!

What happens to us as we age? There seems to be a disconnect between our fingers and our brains! It was so hard for me to move my fingers as quickly as my brain was TRYING to tell them to move! Somehow, I just couldn't handle the two together without looking ridiculous. Let's just say there was LOTS of laughter and most of it was aimed toward Poppa and I!!

Ah well. I can either give up or keep trying. I WILL keep trying until I finally get through one whole song without being stopped.

What a great way to spend a Friday night..... with grandkids, grilled burgers and Guitar Hero! It doesn't get much better for us OLD fogeys! The time is NOW to let go, allow yourself to look silly with your grandchildren and just enjoy life! They'll love you more for it!

Anyone for a game of Guitar Hero? It's a sure bet you'll win if you play me!!

1 comment:

debseveryday said...

Mark says he's right there with you sister! He can't play Guitar Hero either! But he said he would pay good money for the chance to see you play!