Sunday, April 26, 2009

Knit 1 - Purl 2


The thrill of a project as I knit it begins to reach a crescendo as I move into the final rows. Pride begins to fill my heart and a great sense of accomplishment overwhelms me.

Then.........I begin looking back at my stitches before I complete the final work. YIKES!!!!! There, right in the middle of my project, is a BIG mistake!!!

Dread strikes my heart.....frustration......anger.....how could I have been so blind to have not seen the error BEFORE I got so far along in the project???? Now I have to tear it all out to before the point where the error occured and start again. It's so time consuming to pull all my work out and begin again!

Fixing mistakes in a knitting project is one thing. But how about fixing mistakes in our daily lives? I've made many in my life...more than I care to admit. But the day I gave my life to Christ, He wiped away all my mistakes, forgave me of them and made my heart clean again! He didn't make me go back and work hard long hours to fix my mistakes. He died on the cross for me because there was nothing I could have done to fix those mistakes myself. He was the one who sacrificed for me. There was no need for me to sacrifice, He'd already done that for me.

When I think of what I have to sacrifice to fix a knitting mistake compared to what Jesus had to sacrifice to fix ALL my mistakes.....it's all put into perspective. Those knitting mistakes don't bother me too much anymore.

Thanks God....you do everything perfectly. My knitting leaves a lot to be desired...but the way you knit everything together in this world is simply amazing!

No comments: