Thursday, April 2, 2009

I Love Thunder

As I write this, I can hear the thunder rolling way off in the distance. Every time I hear it, the same memory fills my heart. No....it's not a childhood fear of storms. It's quite the opposite.

When I was just a little kid our first house had an attached garage. It was there that I fell in love with thunder. You see when storms started to approach, my dad would beckon me into the garage. We'd pull the garage door up and out would come the lawn chairs. We would sit and listen as the storm approached and count in between each roll of thunder to see how many miles away it was. As we sat and listened, in between you might hear us sing a song or two but you'd certainly hear lots of laughter.

I'm so glad that my father helped to teach me the wonder of a storm. I'm thankful that he helped me not to fear much of anything but chose to show me the beauty in all things AND people, for that matter.

My entire life I have adored nature, from a thunderstorm to every living creature that moves upon this wonderful planet.

Thanks for another great memory dad. Because of you, I'll always love thunderstorms.

No comments: