Saturday, April 4, 2009

My FAITH Is In YOU LORD!

"By FAITH Abraham, when he was called, obeyed by going out to a place which he was to receive an inheritance; and he went out not knowing where he was going."
Hebrews 11:8

Hebrews chapter 11 is one of my favorite chapters in the bible. Nearly every time I read it in its' entirety, I am in tears.

FAITH....great FAITH.....unshakable FAITH......that's the kind of FAITH that these heroes of FAITH had. I am moved by their committment to what they believed in. When I read that Abraham went out by FAITH but didn't even know where he was going...I am in awe!

How many times in my own life has God spoken to me but because He didn't give me clear direction, I stood still. Abraham didn't wait to hear God tell him where he was to go.....he just started going!

These great heroes were stoned, beaten, tempted, sawn in two and put to death. They hid out in caves and holes and wandered in deserts and mountains and did not even receive what they had been promised!

Now THIS, dear ones, is GREAT FAITH! This chapter holds much encouragement for we as Christians. These were regular men and women, nothing particularly special about them just like us. The only difference is they STOOD WITHOUT WAVERING ONE INCH in the face of adversity, pain, suffering and lonliness and they moved when God said MOVE!

Oh God....my FAITH is in you! YOU are what I long for....YOU are what I hope for....YOU are my everything....YOU LORD ARE ALL I NEED.

My FAITH is in YOU LORD!

No comments: