Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Beauty of the Ocean


Today I spent a glorious afternoon at the beach for the first time since last summer. As I walked down to the beach, I was immediately struck with wonder as I gazed out upon the vastness of the ocean. It was breathtaking!

As my feet felt the smoothness of the sand beneath them and my eyes drank in the waves, I thought about the second day of creation when the hand of God formed the oceans. How in the world did He do it? I stood transfixed with my gaze upon the endless expanse of the waters and wondered how many gallons must there be out there? Again, I thought, how in the world did God create the oceans?

All I know is this....the peace, the beauty, the power and the sheer vastness of the ocean was at the mighty hand of God Himself. He created all things and they were all created for HIS glory.

Today, as I stood watching the water, I could hear the waves praising the God who created them! As I stood and listened, I too joined in praise to my God...the Author and Creator of all things! I pray that it was a sweet sound to the heart of God as He listened to two of His creations praising His holy name.

No comments: