Friday, April 24, 2009

Weak

Today, I went back to the 'Y' after almost 2 weeks away. I was out of town for a week, then just couldn't seem to get back in the swing until today. It just about killed me to go back. I couldn't even do the weight on the machines that I had taken 4 months to finally work up to and couldn't even finish the reps I usually do. I felt WEAK and out of sorts and literally, gave up and headed to the car.

As I drove away, I thought about how sometimes, this story can apply to our walk with Christ. If you ever miss two weeks of church in a row, it gets harder and harder to go back and when you finally do go, you realize how WEAK you had become when you leave. As you walk out of the service, you are quickly made aware that you have allowed your faith to WEAKEN and your spirt to be dampened. It happens quickly and it happens before you know it.

I nearly had that overwhelming feeling as I walked out of the gym today that it just wasn't worth going back. I gained 5 pounds while I was gone and had worked nearly a month to get 4 pounds off before I left! UGHHHH! Now, after being gone 2 weeks, I'm weak and back out of shape AGAIN!!

But, perserverance is the name of the game. IF I give up....what's ahead for me??? Health that will continue to fail, bones that will weaken and weight that will continue to creep even higher.

It's the same story with my faith. IF I lay it down and give up because I don't see God doing what I think He should do or I'm not seeing answers to my prayers, what's ahead for me???? I already know the answer to that question. There's "nothing" ahead for me friend. Nothing. There's no hope, no peace and no joy.

I can give up if I choose or I can continue to walk in my faith and grow stronger just like I can continue to walk into my gym and continue to get stronger.

It's my choice. If you know me, you know I HATE choices! But in these two issues....I have but one choice and I've already made them!

I'm gonna keep walking in my faith and I'm gonna keep walking in the gym door!

No comments: