Thursday, April 23, 2009

Are You Anxious?

Will my husbands job remain stable? Will my health deteriorate more in the coming year? Will my son come to know and live for Christ before I breathe my last breath? Will my grandchildren all live for Jesus one day? Will I honor God in all I do today? Will I tame my tongue to only speak words of peace and love? Will I sleep well tonight? Will I get the flu that everyone is getting? Will I have a flat tire on the interstate tomorrow? Will I live 20 more years or will I die soon? Will I leave a legacy of Jesus? Will I make my husband happy in the years to come? Will I please my friends? Will I let someone down who's counting on me? Will I have enough money to pay our bills?

So MUCH to be ANXIOUS about and those questions barely scratch the surface on what goes on in our minds each and every day. Some of us walk through every hour of every day being anxious about something. But just how much of what we're being ANXIOUS about can we ever or did we ever change? Not one thing!

Where is God in all of these things that we are so ANXIOUS about? What have we done? Tucked Him away in a drawer for safe keeping only to be taken out in the most extreme cases???

What's wrong with us that we so easily forget what our Lord said...

"Do not be ANXIOUS about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the PEACE of God, which surrounds all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."
Phillipians 4:6-7

DID YOU HEAR THAT??? DID YOU HEAR THE HOPE IN THOSE VERSES??? IF we want PEACE in our lives....then we'd be wise to stop being ANXIOUS about every little and every big thing in our lives. Being ANXIOUS never changes our circumstance nor the outcome of it. Constantly, I too, must give my concerns and burdens back to Jesus, sometimes every minute of every day. But I'm learning and I'm working on not being ANXIOUS.

How about you? It's time to stop being ANXIOUS, don't you think?

No comments: