Tuesday, April 28, 2009

New Life On My Patio!


Each year for 3 years in a row, sparrows have chosen my patio to be their nesting grounds. If you know me, then you know that it thrills my little heart to have NEW LIFE just steps away from my french doors!

On one of my first trips to Honduras years ago, I bought a cloth bag, that coincidentally, has birds all over it! Three years ago, I hung it out back on a clothes rack with the top open. Much to my surprise, that very first year, I watched as a pair of sparrows carefully chose their materials, and build their nest in my bag. Not only did I thoroughly enjoy watching the eggs hatch and the babies grow, but my grandkids loved it too!

Once again this year, my sparrow family has returned to raise their little ones in my Honduras bag! This year, there are 4 little faces in the nest that open wide their little mouths as I look down into the bag!

Who knows why they keep choosing to come back to start their babies out on my patio, but I LOVE IT! I'm honored that they feel safe out there and would bless me with their presence! Each little life is valuable to me, as crazy as that may sound to you, the reader.

Luke 12:6 says, "Are not five sparrows sold for two copper coins? And not one of them is forgotten before God."

I like that............just to think that my little sparrows on my patio are extremely insignificant and forgotten to most people, but not to me AND NOT TO GOD! He says they are not forgotten before Him! I sure do like that. My God cares about those little birds......MAN.....I really like that!!!!

For an animal freak like me.......all I know to say is.......WAY TO GO GOD!!!

No comments: