Friday, June 12, 2009

What Would We Do?

Throughout my life, I have been extremely fortunate to have had many good friends. Friends fill our lives with so many good gifts and we realize as we grow older how very fortunate we truly are if our world involves at least one good friend.

WHAT WOULD WE DO without these precious people who make our life full? Trust me when I say, there have been many times in my life that I have wondered how I'd of gotten through without my good friend at my side. Through deaths in the family, trials that blindsided me and illnesses that threw me for a loop, my friends have always been at my side.

Today, I had to make another trip in to see my doctor. This virus continues and I am not strong enough to drive. Bless Debbie's heart, she gave up her afternoon off to drive my pitiful self in to town. Her company, her kindness, her laughter and her sweet gentle spirit touched my heart. When Debbie is around, her main objective is to please whomever she's with. She's such a blessing and I am so thankful for her willingness to help me. She tended to my every need as best she was able.

WHAT WOULD WE DO without friends? What would I do without Debbie? As I slowly get better and get back on my feet, I am continually grateful for dear friends in my life.

Tonight, I thank God for Debbie S. She has a heart as big as Texas and a love for people that is incredible. Thanks Debbie...What a joy and a priviledge it is to call YOU my "friend."

No comments: