Saturday, June 27, 2009

I WILL stand still

With my hand clutched to my chest....I cry out to my God.

How, God? How can I go on with this ache in my heart and this unanswered prayer constantly on my heart and my mind? How can I fight this battle and win? Tomorrow is another day Lord and I must once again face the same unanswered prayer when I awake. Before my eyes are open, this prayer is already on my lips. How many more of these mornings Lord, how many?

I KNOW You will answer. I know it, I know it, I know it. But as quickly as I know it, my hand clutches my chest again and the ache begins all over. I know it, I know it, I know You will answer. I do not know how, but I do know YOU will. Oh God, I DO trust YOU, I do, I do, I do. I'm not acting like it Lord, but I do, I really do.

V 15b "Do not be afraid or dismayed because of this great multitude, for the battle is not yours, but God's. V 17 You will not need to fight in this battle. Position yourselves, STAND STILL and see the salvation of the Lord, who is with you, O Judah and Jerusalem!" Do not fear or be dismayed, tomorrow go out against them, for the Lord is with you. And Jehoshaphat bowed his head with his face to the ground, and all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem bowed before the Lord, WORSHIPING the Lord. Then the Levites of the children of the Kohathites and the children of the Korahites stood up to PRAISE the Lord God of Israel with VOICES LOUD AND HIGH."
II Chronicles 20

Oh God....MY GOD. I WILL Lord...I WILL....I WILL....I WILL STAND STILL, I WILL SING PRAISES OF WORSHIP TO YOU AND I WILL LIFT MY VOICE HIGH IN VICTORY! I WILL TRUST YOU GOD AND KNOW THAT YOU WILL...YOU WILL ANSWER....I KNOW IT GOD, I KNOW IT. I KNOW YOU WILL BE VICTORIOUS. I CANNOT SEE IT WITH HUMAN EYES...

BUT I SEE IT WITH MY SPIRITUAL EYES.

I will stand still Lord. Please Father...hold me up. Help me in my pathetic weakness. My legs are tired and my strength feels nearly gone.

BUT..

I WILL STAND AND WORSHIP YOU.... I WILL WAIT FOR THE VICTORY WHILE I PRAISE YOU.

2 comments:

debseveryday said...

be encouraged Barb, He hears your cries...Ps 34:17 & 18
"When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit."
I love you!

AngelRhoden said...

I'm so thankful for you always!