Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Simple Pleasures 11



Well, my week with my grandkids has come and nearly gone. It has been such a sweet time. Tommorrow afternoon, Butch and Kay will return and I will head back to my house. I have a feeling that as good as the quiet willl be, I will miss the noise. Noise is something that can definitely get on our nerves and make our heads hurt but it's funny how when the complete silence comes, even IT can be deafening and before long, you yearn for the noise of children again.

I will miss being with the kids all day every day. Oh yeah, it's been crazy, and busy and non-stop, but it's been so wonderful. These children help me to understand what life is all about. They make me realize how truly good life is, how short life is, and how precious life is. They keep me young, keep me happy (most of the time anyway), keep me laughing, make me feel loved and needed and give me great purpose in life. There's nothing sweeter than when one of them calls just to say I love you or comes running up to me just for a hug or calls me with a problem they want my help with. There's just nothing like being a grandparent and knowing you are loved and needed. Every time my son or daughter call me and need my help with the kids, inside, I smile. Inside, I thank God that I am still "able" to help, "healthy" enough to help, and "close" enough to help. Helping with them gives me such great joy as a grandparent. I never ever knew it could be this good playing this grandparenting role. Thanks again God. With each child you have made my life even richer.

Today, I only took a couple of pictures. The first one is of Madison and Lindsey. two beautiful young ladies who God so graciously gave to me when he gave us our new daughter-in-law Kay. God most certainly was good to us when He strategically placed her in our son's life. Not only did He give us her to love, but these two wonderful girls of hers also.

The second one is of Karli and Natalie. Two cousins who love each other dearly and who don't get to see each other often enough. Their daddies are brothers, my sons. I look at their little faces and I see my sons.

Tonight as I lay my head down, I will once again, give thanks to a most gracious and loving God. It's been a good week and for each and every moment of laughter, of clean-up time, of deep conversations with Lindsey, of beach time, pool time, lunch and dinner time and on and on and on....

I praise you Oh God!

No comments: