Wednesday, June 10, 2009

ER's

My husband and children decided this morning I needed to go to the ER today. How absolutely ridicuously grateful I am for grown children who love me so much and will just take the "bull" (ME!) by the horns and do what needs to be done. They and my daughter-in-law tried to get me in to see a doctor today but to no avail. And so, off we went to the ER. Dale eneded up being the one getting stuck to take his whiny mom-in-law. He was so very good, patient, kind and compassionate to me. It was a long 9 hours but Dale never left my side and spoke for me many times as I was just too weak to talk. God bless him and God bless all of my family who love and care about me so much. I know of so many who have no one to love them, help them and take care of them, but my family are always there for me.

As we waited over an hour in the waiting room, Dale sweetly and ever so quietly read Psalm 70 to me. It spoke to my heart. I needed "My Deliverer" today and He showed up. It was a moment I will never forget as he read to me. My heart was full.

Thank you all for your continued prayers. It appears I have some sort of viral infection which there isn't much they can do, while they await results of blood and other tests that were done. I so appreciate your prayers as I rest and sleep. I love you all and I cannot wait until I'm back in the land of the living instead of the land of the sleeping. May the God of heaven and earth bless you deeply for your prayers for me.

1 comment:

trish said...

Ohhhhhh, I'm so glad you went to the ER. Tests were done and that's what needed to be done. Bless Dale's heart. I felt my heart leap when Rich was all the way down in San Ramon just pulling into the parking lot to give a speech when I called him and told him I was hugging the back end of the ambulance. He said I'm turning around right now and coming home. We are lucky to have son-in-laws and wonderful children, daughter-in-laws, grandchildren and friends that truly do care. I love you so much. I will call tomorrow and see if you can talk. Rest is what you need right now. I've been in your heart all day. I LOVE YOU.