Monday, June 1, 2009

Simple Pleasures 9




BEACH DAY!!!! YAAAAAHHHHOOOOOOEEEEEEE!!!!!

Yep, today was our day to head for the sun, sand and waves! What a perfect day for the beach it was! Not a cloud, not too many people, conditions in the water were good, we didn't run out of drinks or food, no one got hurt or lost, no one cried about anything, there were no major arguments, no one got sunburned, no one got mad when Yaya said it was time to go (after 3 hours) and no one fought over who got to sit in which chair!!!

YEP....it was a great day at the beach!

After getting showers etc when we got home, then we headed for the church. Tonight was our mission team meeting for our youth trip and we were assembling the craft and care package bags. The kids all went with and helped assemble bags and did a great job, as we were light handed and really needed their help. Then, it was pizza and a movie! What a nice way to end the day. I'm absolutely pooped but it's been good.

Day three with the grandkids has been sooooo sweet. I've enjoyed every single minute and once again, I'm grateful.

Tomorrow we'll head in to Jax to have them help me look at some furniture (YIKES...AM I NUTS OR WHAT????), then over to their cousins house for swimming in the pool and dinner together. Another full day tomorrow.

I know what it means, firsthand, to say..."my cup runneth over..."

My heart is smiling.

No comments: