Friday, June 19, 2009

Trust & Obey

Two simple words....TRUST and OBEY. As the song says...

"To be happy in Jesus...but to trust and obey"

I want to be happy, don't you?

Wonder why we make daily decisions that go against these two words?

And then we wonder why we're not happy.

The concept of these two words go against our flesh. We ALL want to do what WE want to do. We don't like the concept of obeying anyone as we all seem to feel we are capable of making decisions on our own. Boy, are we stupid or what? I know a LOT of people who are living miserable lives because they are living lives of disobedience against Christ. And think about the word "trust." Gosh, for many people, it's hard to trust anyone, let alone a God we cannot see.

We have all failed miserably in the TRUST & OBEY status of our walks with Christ. Some moreso than others. Some much less than others. But we have all failed in some ways and need to learn the simple but POSSIBLE concept of TRUSTING and OBEYING our Savior. Man, our lives would be so much more peaceful and happy and our walks with Christ would be closer than ever. It is in learning to TRUST & OBEY what Jesus says that we learn the importance of letting HIM be in charge. We are not capable to be in charge. Oh we think we are, but we fool ourselves.

Oh Lord, help me to daily learn these two concepts so that my life may be pleasing to You and You alone. I'm tired of trying to fool myself into believing that I am able to do things on my own. I am not Lord, I am not. Help me TRUST & OBEY tomorrow more than today and the next day more than tomorrow. Let my life be pleasing to you.

No comments: