Saturday, June 13, 2009

I Have To Laugh!!

I can tell I'm beginning to feel better as my sense of humor is returning as is my appetite!

Laughter truly is medicine to the soul and can make any situation seem better. Darrel has given me cause to laugh for days now but until today, I just didn't have the energy to hardly laugh.

We are doing some remodeling in the house and right now, there is no dining room nor family room furniture. Well, that's not entirely true. There ARE two chairs in here, so there is at least a place for each of us to sit. The problem is that the recliner is about 20 years old and has seen better days and my wooden rocker is 34 years old. It was a very inexpensive rocker when we purchased it and now it's barely holding up. Since I've been so sick, I have been layed out in the stupid uncomfortable recliner every single day, while Darrel has had to sit in the rocker. When I'm well, I sit in the rocker and Darrel in the recliner.

Because the rocker is falling apart, every time Darrel leans back too far in it, the dowels across the back actually pop out of the top of the chair while making this horrible loud "POP" sound as though someone has shot a gun! Naturally, every time it happens, he fumes and fusses over the pathetic chair and all I can do is laugh!

In the middle of all this sickness and being fed up of laying in this chair and feeling so bad, a little humor goes a long way around here! Man, it feels good to laugh again and be able to see the light at the end of this long dark tunnel I've been in.

No comments: