Saturday, September 5, 2009

Scars

We've all got em. Some are self-inflicted, some happened because of an accident and some were inflicted upon us by others. Some of our SCARS are hidden by our clothes while others are in places where all can see. Yep, there's no doubt. We've all got em.

There's also the types of SCARS that cannot be seen by anyone, ever. These are the types of SCARS that stay hidden in our minds from moments in our lives that changed us forever. Just using the word "SCAR" implies a time when something "not pleasant" happened and SCARRED us.

A past SCAR surfaced today. It creeped in to my mind almost without me even realizing it was coming. And then, there it was, up front and personal. The SCAR...the time....the place....all the words that had been spoken....the moment the SCAR had been inflicted were all right there slapping me in the face trying hard to make the old SCAR deeper again.

BUT...this time.....there was no victory for the SCAR. As quick as the SCAR resurfaced in my mind, I spoke to it. I HAD THE VICTORY OVER IT AND IT WAS NOT GOING TO DIG DEEPER INTO MY MIND AGAIN TODAY. NOT TODAY!

I have the power in the name of the almighty God to speak peace to my mind through Jesus Christ. And guess what????

IT WORKS!!!

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO! I"VE GOT THE POWER....I"VE GOT THE POWER and there wasn't a victory for the SCAR today! Day by day, as I draw closer to my Lord, I'm finally "getting it" more and more. HALLELUJAH!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

This was a very helpful blog. I love you Yaya! :)