Sunday, September 13, 2009

Broken

Thursday night when a group of us gathered at Mike & Janie's house to pray for our revival this week, we began talking about what it's going to take for "revival" to break out. I've learned to NOT find it strange when not long after discussing a topic with someone, THAT VERY subject is preached on or it's taught in Sunday school class. You just know that GOd is wanting to make a point and teach you something.

That night, Mark S. broke my heart as we talked about what it was going to take for revival to break out amongst us. He said, "We've got to be BROKEN before God before revival is going to happen. We just don't come BROKEN before Him and we've got to." I have not been able to get his statement off my mind.

I want to be BROKEN and all of me spilled out so that I can remolded and filled back up with nothing but Jesus. Until we put ourselves aside and decide once and for all that our lives do not belong to us, but to Him, revival will not come. We must desire more and be willing to stop being so selfish. As Brother Bill said tonight, have we lost our joy??? Have we lost our testimony??? Have we lost are joy for service??? If we want revival to begin with us, then let it be so. Let each of us examine our own lives and get back to the business of praising our God and Savior and let the JOY of our salvation to known to all men!

REVIVE US OH LORD....REVIVE US OH LORD....AND CLEANSE US FROM OUR IMPURITIES....AND MAKE US HOLY......HEAR OUR CRY AND REVIVE US OH LORD!

Start with me God, start with me.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

So great! I'm now writing a blog based off YOUR blog. :) love you much! ~Lindz