Monday, September 28, 2009

Little Arrows


What are LITTLE ARROWS???

Angel R. uses this phrase to describe her children and I absolutely LOVE it! What a perfectly tender and loving way of stating her responsiblity of pointing those dear children in the right direction.....TOWARDS JESUS!

Anyway....today, 3 of my LITTLE ARROW grandsons came over. Very early this morning, Mary was able to tell me she wanted to see "the baby." When I asked her if she meant Summer's baby Will, she said yes. And so, I called and asked Summer if she would bring the boys by to see her.

The smile on Mary's face as she saw all three of them was priceless. As Easton sang "Jesus Loves Me" to her, Titus climbed up the bed rail to get close and LITTLE ARROW Will babbled and carried on, much to Mary's delight. Easton's song made her cry but I know they were sweet tears of joy and thanksgiving for a LITTLE ARROW that loves her, prays daily for her and came to sing to her. We reminded her that God puts all those tears into a bottle. Psalm 58:6 What a comforting thought.

I watched as Easton reached up to take Mary's hand and as he did, he looked up at me with the sweetest most tender look on his face. I'll never forget it.

Tonight, I am thankful for my LITTLE ARROWS that my daughter is most definitely pointing in the right direction. Ministry took place today by little hands that are being taught the importance of praying for others, visiting the sick and of being about the Father's business, even at their young ages.

Mary was blessed today and my heart is full.

3 comments:

Mandy Rhoden said...

Thank you Mrs. Barb I am now in tears, Easton is such a sweet boy. Thank you for being so open to God's word and His thoughts. Love you!

AngelRhoden said...

Really enjoyed reading this, Barb. I'm so thankful for Summer and Dale, they have been blessings to our family in ways they cannot know. Their little guys are precious blessings.

Lindsey said...

oh my goodness. precious ... I love those little arrows!