Monday, September 21, 2009

The Prayer of Jabez

Oh, that you would bless me indeed
and enlarge my territory,
that your hand would be with me,
and that you would keep me from evil
that I may not cause pain.
1 Chronicles 4:10

The simple and humble prayer of a man named Jabez. We do not know much about this Jabez, but this much we do know....

This man's motive was pure indeed. He was not seeking wealth or profit from God. He was simply seeking that his territory be made bigger that he might be able to be more productive in carrying out the plans and purpose of his God. This was one unselfish man who blessed the heart of God.

"Oh Lord, I hope the motive of this servants heart is as pure as Jabez. God, take me places I've never been to share Your love, stretch me beyond what I ever dreamed possible so that I may reach more souls for your Kingdom. Use me God, so that others may see your face. This is the cry of my heart."

No comments: