Thursday, September 3, 2009

Flowers From Heaven




Today, an angel appeared at my front door. No, she wasn't all white with wings, hovering in thin air. Instead, there she stood, with a beautiful smile on her face, flowers in hand and a bag hanging from her arm.

This angel was Mrs. Jackie. For days I had been longing to call her. I ached to talk to her and ask her not only how she was but I needed reassurance as to what I am walking through with Mary. I felt so selfish though, to call "her" for help when she had so shortly ago lost her beloved Sam. I just couldn't call. Bless Connie B.'s heart....she has been calling me and encouraging me and giving me "heads up" during this time, but my heart had recently been longing to talk to Mrs. Jackie.

And then, there she was, on my doorstep, with 3 of the sweetest and prettiest flower arrangements I've ever seen. Not only did she bring Mary and I flowers, but she knows from my secretary days at RRC, that my favorite is chocolate. Her and Sam used to bring me chocolate bars every now and then when I was working. They always lit up my day when they stopped in and there in her bag, was CHOCOLATE!! Bless her precious heart.

Jackie came through the door, full of smiles and blessings and touched my heart so deeply. She sat and drank coffee with me as we sat on the patio with Mary, laughing, talking and bringing joy to my heart. Such a welcome visit....a breath of fresh air for me. She lit up the room with her presence. What a gift she was to me. So unselfish, so unconcerned about herself, even in her loss. She was concerned about us. What a servant.

FLOWERS FROM HEAVEN arrived at my door today. How fortunate I am to have experienced such sweetness through this precious saint of God. Thank you Jackie, thank you from the depths of my heart.

Romans 12:10 (NIV)
Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.

1 comment:

"Virtuous Wannabe" said...

How I love Ms. Jackie...I keep hearing bits and pieces from people that she has been ministering to since Sam's death! Ms. Jackie is another Elisabeth Elliot in many ways! She loves the Lord and it shows in how she loves people....these flowers were absolutely beautiful!