Friday, September 18, 2009

"Let Go" by Sheila Walsh

This incredibly liberating book kept me reading, not wanting to put it down. Sheila walks us through the process in which God led her to be able to "let go" of herself, her failures, her fears and her inadequacies only to find freedom in Christ Jesus. Even her dear husband contributes a few lines regarding his liberation in Christ.
Sheila gently weaves her life stories, her struggles and her pains thoughout her life to help the reader to see and understand the freedom of letting go of ourselves just as she did, and be able to be all that God created us to be. As I read, I saw myself in so many of her stories. How many of us women have not felt inadequate at one time or another in our lives? How many of us have not thought we would never measure up like everyone else seems to?
Sheila's book greatly encouraged me and helped me to realize how God so dearly loves us all. It is we who put limits on ourselves, not God. He doesn't measure us with the same standards we measure each other.
I highly recommend this wonderful book.

No comments: