Thursday, September 10, 2009

After Reading Lindsey's Blog....

Just finished perusing Lindsey's blog and I just couldn't help but follow up with some thoughts that have been spurned because of her writing. I am copying and pasting her paragraph that sparked my thoughts. Her paragraph follows below:

My senior year is so different from any other year I've been in school. Everybody, for the most part, are friends. There's really not a lot of drama going on, but things do and are turning out interesting. Some of my best friends have become worst enemies, and my worst enemies have become some of my best friends. Chances I didn't take turned out to be wise decisions, and some chances I never took have become regrets. The hard work for grades is paying off. I should be number 7 or 8 in my class which means I'll get to sit on stage! I'm so excited for graduation. I'm just really happy this year, which is different. Usually I hate coming to school but this year has been enjoyable. I guess I'm just in a good place, I'm happy with where I am. I'm even more excited about what's going to happen as the year goes on! I know there will be changes, but I'm looking forward to seeing how things turn out.

After reading her above paragraph all I could think of was how there is a full circle to life. It's funny how we learn what we choose to at the appropriate time, we make what we want to of life as we live it and in the end, all things will be made new and the excitement and joy will be endless! Although Lindsey's world, right now, revolves mainly just around her senior year at BCHS and her job and her family, she already has a pretty clear understanding of what life is literally all about.

We realize as we age, just how petty we are and we figure out that the very people whom we disliked the most, can often be our dearest and most loyal friends. We realize that some of the opportunities we didn't take could have changed our lives for the better as well as some of those times we stepped out there "hoping" things would turn out ok, didn't, and we should have known better. But when we realize and can admit out loud that we've learned from all of this, now that's the beginning of maturity!

BUT, in the end, as Lindsey has realized, that hard work throughout our life....DOES pay off in time. We consistently go through seasons where we all feel like..."What's the point....?" But IF we will hang on and hang in and work hard throughout our life, whether it's school, our jobs, our Christian walks with Christ, being good parents or whatever...HARD WORK DOES PAY OFF! In the end, just as Lindsey has realized, you can actually be excited about the future because you're finally getting hold of "the now!!" To me, that's major exciting for her and for anyone who comes to this place in life, regardless of their age or position.

Lindsey's realizations are deep and life changing. What about me and you? Have we learned the value of welcoming our enemies, working hard without fail and being content where we are AND looking forward to the future with EXCITEMENT?????

AFTER READING LINDSEY'S BLOG I feel pretty confident that she's on the right track and I can't wait to see just what the Lord has for her:)

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Well ... I am extremely flattered. I love youuu. I'm glad my blog was interesting to someone! :)

AngelRhoden said...

I so need this kind of encouragement to keep going. I realize it is worth it, but it helps to be exhorted by someone. Thanks Barb (and Lindsey!)