Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Determined!



This little squirrel has got to be one of THE most DETERMINED creatures I've ever seen! Whether hunger drove her to figure out a way to get seed out of my "squirrel proof" feeder, or just sheer greed, she accomplishes the task every morning without fail! After trial and error, she has figured out if she doesn't put all of her weight on the feeder, which closes off the little doorways where the seed is, and leans across and reaches in with one hand and scrapes seed out and into her mouth with the other hand, she can eat till she's full! I'd call that DETERMINED!

Determination is a wonderful thing.........it drives us to do things we would not have ordinarily tried to accomplish. It pushes us forward when we think we are not able to go on another step. It eats us up inside until the task at hand is complete. We cannot rest until we know we are done.

My father was one of THE most DETERMINED men on this planet. I learned early to NEVER GIVE UP and I learned it from master teacher of determination.

Thanks Dad for instilling this principle in me. Coupled with my faith in a boundless God who wants to give to each of us freely and without fail, I am equipped for the long haul, regardless of what that "haul" might be.


I am DETERMINED....

To be invinceable....

Till He has finished....

His purpose in me....

And nothing can shake me....

For He'll never forsake me...

I am DETERMINED to live for the King.

2 comments:

AngelRhoden said...

That word "determined" has been one of my favorite words for years, one that I think He wanted me to learn early. Thanks for the reminder of what He taught me in younger years because I need it now.

Lindsey said...

that squirrel is soooo cute! you should have video taped that.