Thursday, September 24, 2009

Goodnight and......I love you

".......do not let the sun go down while you are still angry."
Ephesians 4:26b

I wonder how many of us heed this warning? How many of us have crawled into bed angry with someone and didn't make amends before evening was over? I myself am guilty of not listening to this very important passage of Scripture, even though I know better.

We shall only live out THIS day once, that's it, once. When this days' 24 hours are over, we cannot go back and relive over what we wish we hadn't of done or said.

Some of the most humble and sweet words to an ear as the sun goes down are simply these....

GOODNIGHT AND.....I LOVE YOU.

Are you angry with someone tonight? Has someone wounded your heart, your pride or your reputation? Don't give satan place....give him the boot and do the opposite of what he'd love for you to do. Tell that person before you climb into your bed tonight.....GOODNIGHT AND....I LOVE YOU.

While it is still called today, make amends. You are not promised tomorrow and it could be too late then.

No comments: