Friday, May 22, 2009

Your Whole Life Lies Before You

Tonight, here in our county, our high school seniors walked across a VERY muddy field and accepted their diplomas before a class of their peers. They made the trek back to their seat, laughed, talked, cheered within their hearts at the same time they were feeling a little scared and a little sad that high school is now over. For 4 years they've shared memories, tears, laughter and lots of hard work. This season in their lives has come to a close. Their future lays before them.

I wish I had realized how many opportunities were possible for me WAY back then. But I didn't. I wish I'd of done lots of things different, but I didn't. I didn't know Christ then and I most certainly did not think that I was capable to acheive the goals I had dreamed of. I just didn't think that highly of myself.

If I could share anything with you graduates, I would do my best to help you realize that no goal is unreachable, no dream unattainable and nothing is impossible IF you would first....keep the Lord Jesus in the center of every decision you make for your future....and second....realize that you have your whole lifetime ahead of you to be ALL that God has planned for you.

Whatever the hope is for your future, graduate, know you CAN attain it!! IF you are willing to do your part, God WILL do His to help you reach your goal, but you must do your best, don't give up and don't let anyone tell you that you can't.

I'm proud of you graduates!

"Your Whole Life Lies Before You".......live it, taste it and savor every minute as before you know it, you'll be my age looking back and wishing you'd of tried harder to achieve those goals and dreams you'd had.

God bless you graduates....I believe in you and I'm praying for each of you! Now go out there and let the world see Jesus in you as you reach for the stars.

No comments: