Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Answer Is Known by HIM

I wonder how often those few of you who read my ramblings, think about death. I don't mean to sound morbid at all, but I'm simply asking a question here. How often do you ponder your death?

Today, I had the opportunity to try to share peace, comfort and Truth to a dear friend. This friend is concerned that she may suffer from a disease that will take her life. She spent much time during our conversation "what iffing". You know what I mean....What IF that medicine doesn't help....What IF I have a reaction to the dye they put in my veins and I die.....What IF the doctors are wrong.....What IF, What IF, What IF!!!!!

For me as a woman of faith....not just any faith though....FAITH IN GOD....the GOD of the bible....the God who gave Moses the Ten Commandments that we are "supposed" to live by...the God who HATES sin....the God who will judge us at our death of all the sins we committed....the God who is HOLY, RIGHTEOUS and SIN-FREE....THAT'S the GOD I'm talking about. My faith in God means that I believe AND I live by the Word of God. I don't just pick and choose what I want to live by and what I don't. I believe it all and I do my best to live it all.

It is because of that, that I know my days on this earth are numbered. Only God Himself knows the day, the year and the hour that He will take me home to be with Him. Why should I fear? Why should I WHAT IF? Why should I spend even 1 minute worrying about how and when I shall leave this earth?

The same God who formed me in my mother's womb, also knows when my last day on this earth shall be. Truly, I am not concerned about my death.

I AM WAY MORE CONCERNED ABOUT HOW I "LIVE" MY LIFE....not how I am going to die! It is NOW, while I am still LIVING that I should make sure that I can honestly say that I never choose sin instead of obedience. BLESSINGS ALWAYS FOLLOW OBEDIENCE! We can look at our own lives and see where God has blessed when we are obedient to what HIS WORD says, NOT what we THINK or WANT...but what HE SAYS is obedience.

It is the LIVING of my life, HOW I lived it and WHO I lived it for that REALLY matters!

You see, THE ANSWER IS KNOWN BY HIM so why in the world should I worry about it? It's all in HIS hands anyway. I didn't just give Him my heart some 30 years ago...I gave Him my LIFE and I most certainly trust Him with my death as well.

No comments: