Monday, May 11, 2009

Lemonade


Last Thursday, I had the joy of driving in to Jax to watch my 8 year old granddaughter in her school play. The name of the play was LEMONADE! I thought to myself, "Now what in the world could a play entitled lemonade be about?"

What a sweet surprise I was in for. I do believe it was one of THE best school plays I have ever seen. Naturally, the best part about it was my granddaughter was in it, but I also loved the message of the play.

They acted out a long series of nursery rhymes. If you think about nursery rhymes in general, most of them end in despair.....the dish ran away with the spoon.....the spider frightened Miss Muffet away.....Little Bo Peeps sheep are lost....Humpty Dumpty fell off the wall and broke into lots of pieces....well, you get the idea.

After acting many of these and more nursery rhymes out, the play took a major turn when, they proposed the idea of how wonderful it would be if when life hands us "lemons" we choose to make "lemonade" (something good) out of it. Man, I LIKE that idea! The play was adorable and I left feeling so good and so positive after listening to these precious children singing songs about finding joy even when things look bad.

In the end, Little Miss Muffet befriends the spider, someone puts ace bandages all over Humpty Dumpty and Little Bo Peep finds her sheep! I loved it!

The next time a sour lemon day comes my way......I shall take it to the kitchen and quickly put it in the squeezer and make a delicious glass of sugar sweetened lemondade. WHY???? Because I shall CHOOSE to make something sweet out of something sour. Something GOOD CAN come out of something not so good!

It's ALL about our choice, isn't it???

No comments: