Monday, May 25, 2009

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions

Those of you who know me well, know that I have a HORRIBLE time making decisions. I'm not sure that even I understand why I am this way, but I am. Given a choice of only 2 things, I struggle to make a decision, so you can imagine how difficult today was for me.

Today, Darrel and I spent the day shopping for furniture. Summer and I had already gone looking last week so I did have an idea what I liked. But still, it didn't make it much easier today. Once again, I was overwhelmed at the choices, the colors and the styles.

Oak, cherry, mahogany, pine, birch...

Leather, fabric, micro-fiber, suede...

DECISIONS....DECISIONS....DECISIONS!!!

From store to store we went in search of the perfect living and dining room furniture. Since we have none of either, I am anxious to make this decision, sign the papers and wait for the furniture to be delivered.

But, no decision was made today. The decision will wait for another day and another trip. I'm disappointed that I couldn't find the perfect thing that I was looking for and had to come home again, knowing there's no furniture in the house! I wish I didn't have such a hard taking making decisions, but I do know one thing.

There was one decision that I made some 30 years ago that was the easiest and BEST decision I've ever made...

It was to be a JESUS FREAK! The day I made the decision to make Christ the Lord of my life, ask Him to forgive me of my sins and admitted I was a sinner, separated from Him by my sin, was the best decision I have ever made! I am so grateful I made the choice some 30 years ago. This is one decision I will never change nor outgrow.
This decision won't wear with age, stain, tear, break or crack.

Making a decision for Christ will ALWAYS remain in perfect condition!

No comments: