Monday, May 18, 2009

Simple Pleasures 6


Picture this....
A grandma, a momma, a 5 year old, a 22 month old and a 2 month old....
It's about 58 degrees outside with the wind blowing at least 20 mph....
In the hands of the 5 year old is a plastic box full of yuckky leftovers....
Carrying two bags of moldy bread, the 22 month old totes his load....
The grandma carries a bundled up baby....
The momma carries another box full of more yuckky leftovers....
They trudge across a muddy field wearing tennis shoes and flip flops...

This cold, windy and muddy journey was all made to bring food out to the pigs at the pigpen!!! Never in my life have I fed pigs! Now this was an experience! As Summer tried to drop the food into the trough, the pigs wouldn't move! Part of the food got dumped on their heads and all we could do was laugh as they squealed and pushed each other to eat every morsel of yuckky food that fell to the ground while all the while, one of them was wearing cake with strawberries and cool whip on his head!!!!! YUCK! I guess I didn't realize how really dirty they are! YIKES, it was pretty gross but hilariously funny!

The pigs were squealing at a level I didn't even realize could be reached by a pig, slinging mud and water around and shoving each other so much that all I could think of was that saying, "Every man for himself!" The food was being served up and all they cared about was their own big bellies! Gee, sounds a little like myself actually!!!:)

Talk about "Simple Pleasures"...
Now THAT was one of the best!

This "Simple Pleasure" didn't cost a dime, I didn't have to travel far, pack a lunch or get dressed up. I simply showed up and the "Simple Pleasures" began....

"Simple Pleasures" ALWAYS start with family.....

Thanks Abba....You are so good to me...Today was a day to remember.

No comments: