Friday, May 15, 2009

Simple Pleasures 5


What does it take for YOU to get excited? I mean REALLY excited! Excited enough that you make THIS kind of face that Ty has in this picture.

Today at Easton's last T-ball game, as usual, us Momma's and Grandmomma's had come armed with goodies to keep the kids happy. I had brought Ty about 2 dozen M & M's in a snack size baggie, which he was happy enough as it was about that. When Harold gave him a cookie and 4 mini-marshmallows, this was his reaction as he turned to show me!

Is this not precious? As I saw the excitement on his face and sheer joy in his tiny bag of edible treasures, I marveled at how small the amount was in his bag according to the JOY that he had in receiving it!

Wouldn't it be nice if a tiny bag containing 1 cookie, 4 mini-marshmallows and 2 dozen M&M's could make you this happy as an adult??? How much does it take to make you happy? I'm guessing it takes a LOT more than Ty's small treasure.

Made me think how sad it is that we can't retain our childlike outlook on things and life as we grow older. Wouldn't it just be a wonderful world if ALL of us could be so thrilled and so happy with something so small?

Ty's JOY blessed my heart today. The expression on his face tells you how tickled he was! Help us Lord, to be able to get this excited about even the little things in life. Ty sure understands this concept and he's only 22 months old! How about you???

No comments: