Thursday, May 21, 2009

He Waits

Last week, I stepped out on to my patio where my washer and dryer are, to do some laundry. I stood in front of the dryer, pulling clothes out, hanging things up, not paying attention to much of anything around me.

Moments later, Darrel came in through the patio door from the backyard and yelled for me to come back outside. He was standing there pointing at the spot that I had just stood, and there, on the ledge of the screened in patio, was the snake. I had never even seen him and yet, I had stood a mere 1 foot away from him nonchalantly doing my day-to-day tasks and had never laid eyes on him.

That 3 foot long snake had snuck up on me and quietly lay in wait to scare me silly. It made me think about satan, how he lies in wait for us to encounter a weak moment, or a moment we're not thinking clearly or even a moment when we're quietly just going about our day and he sneeks in. He's always waiting....always.

He waits for the time when we're numb...
He waits for the time when we feel hopeless...
He waits for the time when we've given up....
He waits for the time when doubt fills our minds...

He waits for anything to go wrong in our lives so he can come out of his hiding place and if we're not careful, he attacks us when we least expect it. He slithers and sneaks around us waiting to prey on us.

He's always waiting dear friend and he's patient. He'll wait for as long as it takes to lead you down a path you really don't want to go down. He waits. He'll continue to wait until he catches you off guard.

John 10:10a tells us: "The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy..."

Watch and pray..........for, he waits.

1 comment:

martha stewart impersonator said...

My dear sister
Had this been me instead of you I
"believe" I would of had a come to Jesus meetin right then and there!!
I can smush a bug, spider,ant & catch a mouse but my nerves will not allow me do do snakes!
YIKES!!!!!!!!!!":-(
You certainly had ANGELS about you that day!!!!
I lv ya