Saturday, May 30, 2009

Simple Pleasures 8










Ahhhhhhh......GRANDKIDS!!!

If you're a grandparent, then I need not say much more as you know what I mean! They are our greatest rewards for growing old!

This week, I have the honor AND the priviledge of staying at my son and daughter-in-laws house with the kids, while they are off on a cruise. It's gonna be a great week, I can tell it already. Not only have I prayed for that for weeks now, but this first day has been a wonderful start to the week. They've been a joy. Our conversations have covered everything from BIG ugly spiders to the deep things of God....now THAT'S a huge range, huh? It's been sweet.

As you can see in the pics, we went over to the skateboard park by the Y and let Butch enjoy some time there while us girls looked on. It was fun watching him enjoy himself and we girls enjoyed each other too. Later we had yummy burgers on the grill and then got clothes picked out for Sunday morning church.

Just before bed, Butch started hiding from us so he wouldn't have to go to bed and a 'search out and tickle Butch chase' began. Naturally, the 'tickle Butch chase' quickly turned in to a "let's pretend we're punching Butch" scenario when they saw I got the camera out! Then, as all 4 girls conquered this squirmy 10 year old, they stretched him out and had to have a picture of their victory!

It doesn't get any sweeter ya'll. This day has truly been a SIMPLE PLEASURE in my life and one that I'm so glad I experienced. SIMPLE PLEASURES are all around us, waiting to happen IF we'll take the time to slow down, laugh and enjoy those around us. SIMPLE PLEASURES hardly ever cost anything...but our time and attention.

Thanks God...you've been woven throughout this day in word and in deed by my grandchildren and I am blessed.

1 comment:

Jen Mo said...

Hello Barb!!! Jennifer from Ohio here. I am very thankful for your kind words and discovering my blog and photographs! I always hope that my photos will strike a cord in someone! I have such fun taking them!
So you are from Florida huh? I love Florida. We usually vacation there, around Anna Maria Island, every other year. I enjoyed looking at you with your grandchildren! I have three neices and I love them to death! You and yours seem to be enjoying yourselves!!!
The first song in my music lineup is from the movie Little Women, the next two songs are from Finding Nemo and the last ones are the Irish group called Gaelic Storm. Glad you liked it!
Thanks for visiting!