Sunday, May 17, 2009

I Shall Miss Her

This picture is a wonderful reminder to me of the many years of laughter my friend Angel and I have shared. Naturally, Cathy has often been right in the middle of the laughter and the silliness too. This photo was taken at one of our ladies dinners when we were all supposed to decorate a hat and wear it. As you can see, the three of us truly got in to the idea!

About 14 or so years ago, when my father first met Angela, he called her Angel instead. He said that when he looked at her beautiful face, blonde hair and blue eyes, she reminded him of an angel. He often talked of how her gentle ways and fair skin made him think of heaven and how the angels there must look something like her. From that day forward, I also called her "Angel" instead of Angela. It was the name my dad gave her and I most definitely agreed with him....she has always reminded me of an angel.

My precious friend Angel has meant the world to me. Our friendship has been such a sweet blessing in my life. She and I have weathered some trials together along the way and have held each other up through them. We've laughed together, cried together and shared hopes and dreams together. We've grown in the Lord together and encouraged each other as we grew in Christ. How wonderful the years have been.

This weekend, Angel will be leaving our small town. God has sent her the man she has been waiting and praying for and she will marry him in just a few short days. Since he is from Virginia, they will go back to live there, at least for now. I am so very happy for her, truly I am. God has blessed her abundantly through this new love of her life. I know her new life will be wonderful and her joy completed through her new husband.

But....I am going to miss her so very much. She has been one of the constants in my life that I am so thankful for. I've cried a bucket of tears today, just thinking about her leaving here. My heart already misses her. She will take a little piece of my heart with her when she goes.

I pray God will bless her until her cup runs over and that she experiences more happiness and peace than she has ever known. God has great things in store for her and I am so excited for her. I ask you Lord God, to heap blessings on her and Dave's heads. Bless their marriage, bless everything their hands touch. Multiply their talents and abilities and prosper them to the fullest. They are in your hands Lord and as much as I'd want to keep her here, I know you have a better plan for her. Thank you God, in advance, for the great love they have for YOU and for one another. Thanks Jesus, thanks.

I shall miss her.

1 comment:

"Virtuous Wannabe" said...

I am going to miss our "Angel" so much too....she always has a sparkle in her eyes and a smile on her face BUT...I am so incredibly happy for her