Saturday, December 12, 2009

What Present Will You Bring?

A very short trip to the mall yesterday got me to thinking. As I watched the MANY shoppers amassing their treasures, my stomach churned. "What are all these people "really" thinking about???? It is not my place to judge, but I did wonder. As they pushed and shoved their way in to the sale tables and barked out their commands to one another that they got there first....I just wanted to cry. Everywhere I looked, arms were loaded down with packages and shoppers hurried from one store to another to buy their presents. How many of them will be used, appreciated, necessary and most of all, charged on credit cards that are already maxed out.

Is this what the world thinks Christmas is all about??? Is this where the treasure of Christmas lies....in presents???? Is it in seeing who can spend the most, get the most and charge the most?? Demanding children shout out to their parents what they want. All the while, children across this planet are crying simply for lack of food...NOT lack of PS3's and some pair of jeans that has a logo on it.

WHAT PRESENT WILL YOU BRING to the King of Kings this year? What area of your character, personality, talents, finances, time, prayer will you give to Jesus this year? Forget about how much you can spend this year and how many presents you're going to give your husband, your children, your grandchildren......how about focusing on how many presents you will give to Jesus this year.

WHAT PRESENT WILL YOU BRING to the King of Kings and Lord of Lords? Will what you lay at His feet be an acceptable gift? Would He be pleased with what you have wrapped up to lay at His feet? What will you give? My bank account cannot handle much but my heart? Well.......there is an endless supply of gifts that could be given to my King. Let us look at our own hearts this Christmas and bring an offering to our Lord and Savior.

No comments: