Friday, December 4, 2009

One Breath Away...

With a heavy heart but with faith in my Lord Jesus, I write this tonight.

Just a short time ago, I got one of those phone calls that you always dread.
My middle sister, Mary Lou, was diagnosed only hours ago with "glioblastoma," a form of very aggressive brain cancer. She simply went to the doctor today because she was having blurry vision and problems with her memory. Upon an immediate CT scan, the large tumor loomed on the brain scan. She was sent immediately to the hospital and by tonights end, the diagnosis is in.

Please, I ask you to pray for my sister and her family. They will do surgery Tuesday, trying to remove as much of the tumor as possible.

Tonight, I again realize how short life is....we are only ONE BREATH AWAY from our lives being turned upside down and our trust having to lie completely in our Lord.

Thank you for praying for my sister. Thank you sweet Jesus. Althought my heart absolutely aches, I trust You. You are all I have.

3 comments:

"Virtuous Wannabe" said...

I am praying for your sister Barb and you. Please keep us posted and let me know if you need anything :)

debseveryday said...

I'm praying Barb...are you going up soon? Let me know if you need anything :)

martha stewart impersonator said...

The Barb
Clayton & I will be praying also and will add your sister to my refrigerator prayer list.
I hate cancer.....................

we love ya'll
us