Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Answer, My Friend, Is Blowin In The Wind....

For those of you who are as old as me, you might remember the lyrics to this song by Bob Dylan, "Blowin In The Wind." This song came to my mind as I was landing in Pittsburgh last night......

As we were boarding in Atlanta, the man who sat down beside me was speaking with his wife on the phone. I couldn't help but overhear as he said, "Don't worry honey, it'll be fine, it's ok, I'll be fine. Don't worry." He told her he loved her and said his goodbyes and turned off his cell. Immediately, he looked at me and said...."Well, we're gonna be landing in 70 mile an hour winds!!!! I know my eyes must have gotten as big as half dollars as I heard the words come out of his mouth! "WHAT" was my reply!

I thought to myself, now Lord, You already know all about this. You know where I'm going and why I'm heading there. SURELY you wouldn't let 70 mph winds keep me from my destination (spiritually & physically!). And then I began to think about this song and LITERALLY, how true it was....

THE ANSWER, MY FRIEND, IS BLOWIN IN THE WIND....man....THE ANSWER sure enough IS blowin in that wind out there....not only is HE blowin in the wind....HE IS THE WIND! The very one who was allowing the gales of winds to blow and the temperature to dip into the teens is the very same One in whom I have placed ALL my trust. I am so small, so ignorant and so unimportant on this planet. I am but a speck of dust and yet He loves me. He knew right where I was....on a plane headed to Pittsburgh to be at my sisters side. He knew.......the winds could blow with all their might but that wouldn't mean He wasn't in control! HE'S the Maker of the wind so why should I fret.

Tonight, as I get ready to snuggle into my hotel room bed and I can hear the wind still howling outside, as I saw the snow fall incredibly beautifully for hours today and as I bundled up just to cross the street....I was reminded that He is in control of it all.....the wind, the snow, our lives, our very breath. I'm thankful for the sound of the wind tonight as it allows me to "hear" the sound of His love for me and remind me that HE is the Keeper of it all.

Goodnight Jesus.....I love you and truly, there is NO doubt...."THE ANSWER" MY FRIEND IS BLOWIN IN THE WIND.

No comments: