Friday, December 18, 2009

Checkin' It Twice

If you're even a little like me, that phrase always makes us think of one thing......

Santa Claus and his infamous list.

But right now, less than a week away from the day we celebrate the giving of Jesus to the world, I'm checkin' a list alright, but it isn't Santa's.

There are a couple of things bothering me this season, issues of my own, issues that I need to get resolved in my heart. How can I worship Him completely when a little piece of my heart is not right where it should be with Him? I'm stewing about a couple of issues that I'm trying to resolve.....that's why I'm doing some checkin' but it's not Santa's list........

It's the list of junk that I hold on to, not wanting to let go of. It's the junk that should be gone but resurfaces loudly sometimes. It raises up its' ugliness and taunts me till I give in to it.

I'm CHECKIN' IT TWICE right now......my heart, my mind, my thoughts. In reality, I should be checkin' that list daily. I'm sick of this same old stuff still being on the list. It's time to cross some things off.

1 comment:

AngelRhoden said...

I get so tired of the unresolved in my heart too, Barb. I know that the "unresolved" does cause me to see my need for Him constantly, but I do get tired of struggling with some things. Love You.