Monday, December 21, 2009

Seek, Save and Serve

He came here to SEEK, SAVE AND SERVE the lost, the hungry, the proud, the rich, the weak, the poor, the lonely, the black man, the scared, the selfish, the asian child, the intelligent, the sick, the white woman, the diseased, the young, the dumb, the old......

His mission was simple, unobtrusive, sometimes even unnoticed but His mission was purpose driven. His intent was focused on one thing....His Father and doing His will.

'Selflessly' He sought out those who needed Him AND those who didn't think they did. 'Boldly' He sought out the lost who had no hope of heaven because of their separation from Christ. 'Willingly' He served all He came in contact with. It was what drove Him. He humbled Himself.....this man who would later walk the road to Calvary in my place, humbled Himself for all.

SEEK, SAVE AND SERVE........This humble man of earth and heaven has changed me this year. He's forced me into corners I did not want to hide in, I would have chosen other places to run to, but He gave me little choice. He had already chosen it for me. He's shown me more about Him than I can even comprehend. It will take me many months to continue to chew on all that He has thrown at me, but it was all in His plan.

I'm thankful this sweet baby whom we call Jesus, came to SEEK, SAVE AND SERVE. He knew my name even then. Even as His first cries broke the silence of the night, my name was on His mind. As Mary hushed his tiny cry and drew Him to her breast, somewhere, all of us were on the mind of this little one. He would grow to accomplish His Father's will....to SEEK, SAVE AND SERVE. GLORY TO HIS NAME!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
AngelRhoden said...

Barb,
I can so relate to the "many months to chew on" what He gives us to walk through! Love You greatly and pray your Christmas is covered in His fingerprints with Him making things happen all around you.